Job Vacancy: Academic Teacher – Adult Learning
Charlotte County Adult Learning Inc. (CCALI) is a non-profit organization providing learning opportunities to adults throughout Charlotte County. We have a vacancy for a part time evening Teacher starting September 2018 in St Stephen, NB (12hrs/week). Governed by a Board of Directors and funded from the Province of New Brunswick, we foster community partnerships (municipalities, community organizations, employers, and individuals) to make our programs a reality.
Our classes are small (approximately 8 learners) and teaching is individualized to best meet the learner’s needs. We focus on enhancing reading, writing, math, and digital literacy (computer) skills to assist adults (age 18+) in their preparation to write the GED Tests, continue with further training, and/or improve their employment opportunities.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Available to work the hours as identified (typically 3 evenings a week 6pm to 9pm) + 3 hours of paid prep time
- Bachelor or Masters of Education , and/or a Certificate, Bachelor or Masters of Adult Education
- Experience teaching reading, writing and math skills (basic & intermediate levels)
- Experience teaching adults
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to facilitate both individual and group learning.
- Ability to use a variety of teaching/learning strategies to engage learners with diverse learning needs and styles.
- Demonstration of expertise/skills in digital literacy for email and online courses and teaching resources.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone, within Program guidelines.
- Completion of criminal record check.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Summary of Duties:
- Deliver the curriculum provided by the Employment and Continuous Learning Service Branch (ECLS)
- Conduct intake assessment of learners to accurately assess skill levels (assessments are provided by ECLS).
- Ensure necessary materials/resources required for program operation are available.
- Complete administrative documents/online program requirements as needed.
- Plan, organize, supervise and execute learning activities.
- Refer learners to appropriate and available resources when necessary.
- Attend meetings as required & professional workshops when require
- Complete and/or update ECLS’ online Learner Registry database on a regular basis.
- Salary Rate: $18.00 to $21.85/hour depending on years of experience and education
- Demonstration of competence in teachable skills is expected
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org